Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 - Looking Ahead

In the essence of the new calendar year, I present my blog and teaching resolutions... and you will help to keep me on track.

1. I will post to the blog twice per calendar month. My original intent back in August was to post once per week. If you look back through the posts, you know exactly how well that worked. So I'm adjusting my goal. My new goal is still a challenge, but not to the point of failure.

2. I will work on my Patience in the classroom. Some days, the well is limitless. Other days, I only have a few drops. So using a mixture of breathing techniques, meditation techniques, and mantras ("be calm"), I will be more in control of my personal response to the occasional crazy in the classroom.

3. I will actually upload something to my Teachers Pay Teachers store. I opened one. There's nothing in it so far. I will share the address once there is something in the store. Although I happily offer many of my ideas for free to whomever needs them, I have complete lessons and units that have teaching & monetary value.

Three is a good number: for keeping track of progress, for making real progress, and for not spreading myself any more thin than I already am.

Happy New Year! May your year be an enjoyable roller coaster ride: full of ups and downs but ultimately leaving a smile on your face and the want to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment